Standing in the kitchen the other day, I stopped and looked around. The daily clean-up was getting done, but not the deep cleaning. As I went about my tasks of preparing for Sabbath, I noticed every room in our house had the same problem. It used to be done but when did it stop?
Then I remembered that at one point we had our house on the market and we lived in ready mode. We never knew when an agent would request a showing so we kept our house “show ready” at all times (except the Sabbath). Everyone willingly helped and did their best to clean up and not make too many messes.
If you have ever sold a home, you may know that people will look through all your stuff and it is best to clean – everything! So we did. Our house was very clean. When we received feedback, buyers often said “The house is in good condition and very clean.”
However now…daily chores are half-hardheartedly done and those other deeper cleaning ones seem to get pushed back to another day-day after day.
While it wasn’t our time to sell, the time we were on the market was important. I learned numerous things:
- We should be living ready for either the return of the Messiah, whether that is through going to sleep in the dust of the earth or at His appearance.
- “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great Elohim and our Saviour YAHUSHA HAMASHIACH – Titus 2:13
- When we are living ready, we work to keep the rooms of our heart free from clutter and dirt (sin).
- “Clean and undefiled religion before the Elohim and the Father is this: to visit the orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.” James 1:27
- When we live ready, we carefully choose the things that are most important to do – we prioritize our time. We set time to pray, worship, read the Word and help others.
- “But seek first the reign of Elohim, and His righteousness, and all these shall be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
- When we live ready, we don’t just allow anything into our hearts.
- “Keep your heart with all diligence; for out it are the issues of life.” Proverbs 4:23
- “For out of the heart come forth wicked reasonings, murders, adulteries, whorings, thefts, false witnessings, slanders.” Matthew 15:19
- Do we allow the Set-Apart Spirit and the Word to clean areas in our minds, hearts, and spirits? Do we allow areas that hold storage’s of bitterness, unforgiveness, anger, rejection and fear to be exposed and cleaned? Or, do we only have a surface cleaning of our minds, hearts and spirits-only producing faith that is outward (saying the right verses at the right time, saying we are praying) without real life change?
- “For the Word of Elohim is living, and working, and sharper than any two-edged sword, cutting through even to the dividing of being and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12
- Do we allow ourselves to be stretched, molded and shaped by the hands of the Master? Or are we comfortable and relaxed, not willing to go beyond where we are now?
- “And now, O YAHUAH, You are our Father. We are the clay, and You our potter. And we are the work of Your hand.” Isaiah 64:8
- Are we letting go of things that hinder us or are we holding on to things out of fear and safety?
- “We too, then, having so great a cloud of witnesses all around, lay us aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race set before us, looking to the Prince and Perfecter of our belief, YAHUSHA, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, having despised the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of Elohim.” Hebrews 12:1-2
- Are we choosing to be filled as we walk in the spirit with its fruit or are we choosing to be filled according to the world becoming friends of it?
- “Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with Elohim? Whoever therefore intends to be a friend of world makes himself an enemy of Elohim.” James 4:4
- Are we choosing to become a reflection of His character or choosing to be conformed to the world?
- “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you prove what is that good and well-pleasing and perfect desire of Elohim.” Romans 12:2
- Are we dying daily to self and sin, or are we playing with salvation by repenting one day and still choosing to sin again the next day?
- “And He said to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow.” Luke 9:23
- Are we following the Set-Apart Spirit’s leading in allowing sanctification to take place continually or are we procrastinating and putting off repentance and salvation, until we are ready for it?
- “Wash me completely from my guilt, and cleanse me from my sin.” Psalms 51:2
- “And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were set apart, but you were declared right in the Name of the Master YAHUSHA and the Spirit of our Elohim.” 1 Corinthians 6:11
- “Let us draw near with a true heart in completeness of belief having our hearts sprinkled from a wicked conscience and our bodies washed with clean water.” Hebrews 10:22
- “But when the kindness and the love of Elohim our Saviour toward man appeared, He saved us, not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to His compassion, through the washing of rebirth, and renewal by the Set-apart Spirit, which He poured out on us richly through YAHUSHA Messiah our Saviour, that having been declared right by His grace we should become heirs according to the expectation of everlasting life.” Titus 3:5
- “Now that you have cleansed your lives in obeying the truth through the Spirit to unfeigned brotherly love, love one another fervently with a clean heart, having been born again – not of corruptible seed, but incorruptible – through the living Word of Elohim, which remains forever,” 1 Peter 1:22-23
- “For he in whom these are not present is blind, being shortsighted, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his old sins.” 1 Peter 1:9
- If YAHUSHA our Messiah would come to our home, what would He find? Would He find our hearts in order or will He find them full of the cares of the world?
I want to be found living ready, what about you?